What are organizations such as the Stuttering Foundation, the National Stuttering Association, and the British Stammering Association doing well?
Do you have any suggestions or ideas for what any of these organizations could do better?
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has reduced malaria 50% in six years. Should stuttering organizations set similar goals?
Rate the order of importance of these organizations’ activities:
- Organizing national conventions for stutterers.
- Organizing local support groups.
- Training speech-language pathologists.
- Raising public awareness of stuttering.
- Getting celebrities who stutter involved.
- Supporting research.
- Providing information about stuttering treatments.
- Developing self-therapy materials that stutterers can do on their own.
- Helping stutterers accept their disability and facilitating emotional support.
- Providing information about funding for stuttering treatment, such as health insurance and government programs.
My opinions are on my blog 14 Ideas For the Stuttering Foundation’s Next President.
2,427 total views, 1 views today