Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Daily Theme: Wednesday Modalities
Welcome to the start of “Connecting to Others: The Role of Mental Health Professionals in the Stuttering Community” in the on-line conference at the International Stuttering Awareness Day On-line Conference this October 2014.
We are a group of People who Stutter and are also Mental Health Clinicians, Therapists, Professors, Social Workers, Community Organizers, and Supervisors who have been a part of the Stuttering Community. Together we are coming together to explore what connects us from both the lens of stuttering,
Each day one of our members will post a topic that spans the following themes:
- Monday’s Modalities: discussion of therapeutic modalities we use, are interested in, wonder about, and work with. Tie in with the experience being a therapist with a stutter, and the merge of SLP and Mental Health therapies.
- Tuesday Transformations: Words, essays, poems, videos, and photos of expression of our personal/professional transformations as a stutterer, mental health professional, and the merge of the two.
- Wednesday Words: Working with the words of therapy around self-worth, self-esteem, traumatic experiences, depressive thinking, daily struggles, life transitions, career development, stuck patterns, and negative/positive thought cycles.
- Throwback Thursdays: Photos, essays, poems, videos and words of memories from our stuttering past.
- Family & Friends Fridays: Views of the integration of family and/or friends into our stuttering and therapist lives.
- Weekend Wrap-ups: Bringing together all of our thoughts into how we view ourselves as therapists, our contributions to the professional mental health and speech language world.
Today’s theme is “Wednesday Words” – so my words for you today are: “Enjoy, expand, explore, and thank you all for being a part of this experience.”
See you all tomorrow. Until then I am including a cartoon by Charles Barsotti. It makes me chuckle every day. Enjoy.
925 total views, 2 views today